Alexandra Cane opens up about her ‘fitness journey’, describing life after losing two stone

She’s the 2018 Love Island star who famously lost two stone following a health and lifestyle overhaul. 

And on Monday Alexandra Cane opened up about her ‘fitness journey’ and past relationship with food and alcohol as she shared a short video of her gym-honed physique on Instagram. 

The 29-year-old looked sensational in a white and blue sports co-ord, featuring a sports bra and a pair of skin-tight leggings. 

Fitness fanatic: Alexandra Cane opened up about her ‘fitness journey’ on Monday, in the caption of a short selfie video of her gym-honed physique that she posted to Instagram

The outfit revealed the reality star’s washboard abs and incredible gym-honed figure as she struck a pose in front of a full length mirror.  

Alexandra pulled her raven tresses pulled back in a tight pony tail, with just a hint of smokey make-up accentuating her good looks. 

Click here to resize this module

In an accompanying caption the brunette was candid with her fans about her relationship with the gym and her own sense of self. 

Describing how bad things used to be, she wrote: ‘I experienced years of no purpose, attempting the gym numerous times with money wasted on memberships I never used because I was so scared & didn’t have a clue what I was doing.  

Curvy: The stars blue and white fitness co-ord revealed the reality star’s washboard abs and incredible gym-honed figure
Opening up: In an accompanying caption the brunette was candid with her fans about her relationship with the gym and her own sense of self

‘Last year I hit rock bottom and knew that no one was going to save me but myself.

‘I had an unhealthy relationship with food & alcohol which I was using as coping mechanisms to mask what was really going on underneath.’

Alexandra decided things could not go on as they were, and she turned her life around by heading to the gym and losing two stone in just three. 

She said: ‘A solid year of self development has transformed me not only physically, but most importantly, mentally. I am a different woman.’

The reality star also emphasised that external appearance is not everything, and it is important to care for yourself on the inside as well as out.

Candid:  On Sunday evening Alexandra shared more words of sage advice, as she opened up to her 1.4 million Instagram followers during a Q and A on her Instagram story
Open: The star cut a cosy appearance in a big cream turtle-neck jumper, as she took a series of selfies and responded to questions
Self love: When asked what she does to fend away loneliness, the brunette penned, ‘taking myself on dates… Like what I’m doing right now, taking my ass to the cinema’

She penned: ‘The aesthetics were fun for a while, but recent events (pandemic, stress etc) have emphasised the importance of truly looking after yourself from the inside out. Self care is not selfish, it’s necessary.’ 

The previous evening, Alexandra

Read more

Prince William Follows in Princess Diana’s Footsteps by Laying Foundation Stone for Cancer Hospital

WPA-Rota/Press Association Images Prince William

Prince William followed in the footsteps of his late mother Princess Diana on Wednesday by laying a foundation stone at a cancer hospital.

The royal took part in the ceremony at the Royal Marsden in Sutton, Surrey, to start the building the Oak Cancer Centre, a state-of-the-art research and treatment facility. It comes 30 years after his mother Diana, who died in 1997, carried out a similar task by laying the ceremonial foundation stone commemorating the Chelsea Wing at The Royal Marsden in central London.

The hospital’s Oak Cancer Centre will place over 400 researchers under the same roof as patients, helping to accelerate the development of new treatments for cancer.

In a speech, William, 38, said, “I am personally delighted to be with you today to lay the foundation stone of the Oak Centre, 30 years after my mother did the very same thing at The Royal Marsden in Chelsea, commemorating the building of the Chelsea Wing.”

WPA-Rota/Press Association Images Prince William

WPA-Rota/Press Association Images Prince William

RELATED: Prince George Was ‘So Sad’ Watching Attenborough Documentary That Prince William Had to Turn It Off

He went on to “acknowledge the unimaginable challenges that all those at the Marsden have faced this year,” during the coronavirus pandemic. “The knock-on effects of coronavirus have been felt widely, but the impact on cancer treatment for patients up and down the country has been one of the most acute and challenging.”

During his visit, he met a small group of patients to hear how clinical trials at The Royal Marsden have transformed their lives and to talk about their experiences of receiving treatment during the pandemic.

Terry Fincher/Princess Diana Archive/Getty Images Princess Diana at the Royal Marsden Hospital in Chelsea, London

“Earlier this morning I was privileged to meet patients who all spoke about the exceptional care they received, and how they felt safe in very difficult and often frightening times,” he added.

“As well as providing outstanding care, The Royal Marsden continues to be at the cutting edge of cancer research globally. As we heard from Alex, developments in cancer research made here have changed the face of cancer treatment across the world, giving thousands of people a future.”

Can’t get enough of PEOPLE’s Royals coverage? Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more!

William said he was “delighted” to officially break ground on a new building which “will represent a new generation of research-led patient treatment and care. It will bring together some of the world’s best minds to develop new treatments to save and improve the lives of cancer patients throughout the U.K. and around the world.”

WPA-Rota/Press Association Images

The prince launched the private fundraising phase of The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity’s appeal in November 2015. It has brought in around $80 million. He has now kicked off the launch of the public fundraising which hopes to bring in the last $10 million

Read more

Annual stone crab claw harvest begins in Florida

MARATHON, Fla. (AP) — Florida’s annual stone crab claw harvest has started amid new rules aimed at protecting future stocks and concerns about demand for claws due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

New regulations, enforced by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, include increasing the minimum size of a harvested claw from 2 3/4 inches (7 centimeters) to 2 7/8 inches (7.3 centimeters); reducing the harvest season by two weeks and modifying traps to have a 2 3/16-inch (5.5-centimeter) escape ring. The season started Thursday and ends May 1.

Trap modifications must be completed by the 2023-2024 season, but Gary Graves, vice president of Keys Fisheries, one of the state’s largest processors of the tasty claws, said many commercial fishermen’s traps in the Florida Keys are already compliant.

He said commercial fishermen around the state worked with FWC officials to institute the new rules to ensure future harvests.


“We’re in favor of this (new regulations) to rebuild the fishery,” Graves said, adding that about 2.1 million pounds of claws were harvested last year around Florida. “Probably in four or five years, we’ll be able to start catching three or three-and-a-half million pounds (annually) like we used to.”

Graves said the COVID-19 pandemic has fishermen on edge because most commercially harvested claws are sold to restaurants across Florida.

“Retail, I think, is strong,” Graves said. “We see a lot of people ordering (seafood) online or going to the grocery store and buying and eating at home.

“But we just don’t know what restaurants are going to do this year in Florida, which are the largest consumers of the crab,” he said.

Source Article

Read more