It's crunch time for the ABIM Internal Medicine Boards , and "High Yield" is key. You don't want to waste your time, and you want to be as efficient as possible. Well, I recently gave a lecture entitled, "Dr. Rezaie's 5 Pearls to Passing the Boards." This is a general post, and can be used for any standardized test in your last few weeks of preparation.
Pearl # 1: Always read the question first, look over the answers, then go back and read the question stem
- You waste your time reading the passage and looking at the labs first
- What do you focus on?
- How many times do you go back and forth between passage and answers?
- This process wastes precious time
- Instead read the question and answers first and then go back and read the passage.
- Some questions can even be answered without reading the passage
Pearl # 2: Know the breakdown of the test
- Specifically for the ABIM board exam "THE BIG 5" are:
- General Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Infectious Disease
- Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care
- These 5 sections alone compromise approximately 50 – 60% of the exam
- If time is short, focus on these five sections
- Ideally, you have left yourself enough time to go over all sections, but if time is short, reading over things like dermatology are not high yield
Pearl # 3: Know the big 4 of medical decision-making
- If you can answer 4 questions about every disease process, you will be prepared for over 80% of the questions on the test:
- What is the BEST initial test?
- What is the MOST ACCURATE test?
- What is the BEST initial therapy / treatment?
- What is the NEXT BEST STEP in management?
- These four questions are known as "The Fischer Method"
Pearl # 4: Pick a single book and question bank and stick with it
- There are so many options, and all are good.
- Personally, I think Med Study reads the easiest and is the most high yield followed by MKSAP
- Ultimately pick one resource and stick with it. Buying five different resources is not realistic to complete and you will not get through all the information
- Also pick one question bank and stick with it.
- Whether it be Knowmedge, MKSAP, MedStudy, or Kaplan, you will be able to pass if you learn the material
- Personally, I have used the Knowmedge and MKSAP question banks and felt like both were very comparable to the ABIM Board Exam
Pearl # 5: Focus on most commons
- I would know the top 3 conditions of each area cold
- ie Top 3 infectious disease killers in the world are HIV / AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria
- ie 3 of the top 5 killers in the world are Cardiovascular diseases, Infectious diseases, and chronic lung disease (No wonder Cardiovascular, pulmonary / critical care, and infectious diseases are 3 of "THE BIG 5")
In addition to these 5 High Yield Pearls also consider another FREE resource such as Twitter (My personal recommendations …
The Health-related College is renowned for preparing its students to be globe class medical doctors. Phase 2 occupies the second part of year 1 and the entire of year two. It is a method-by-method programme that covers the anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, biochemistry (and related biomedical sciences) of the major clinical systems. In addition to a profitable clinical practice, our plan researchers are translating their discoveries into new therapies, advancing the efficacy of hematopoietic cell transplantation for patients worldwide.
Nowadays, FDG PET is broadly used to safely and accurately diagnose, evaluate, and strategy therapy of cancer and heart, lung and brain diseases for millions of individuals. Arranging for the individuals on tomorrow’s schedule? In such societies, healthcare is obtainable to these that can afford to pay for it or have self-insured it (either directly or as component of an employment contract) or who might be covered by care financed by the government or tribe directly.
En 2010, on a d’abord recommandé la vaccination par une seule injection de vaccin administrée à l’âge de 12 mois de manière concomitante au vaccin triple contre la rougeole les oreillons et la rubéole. But in the future, the mission of the hospital will be to maintain sufferers from coming via their doors in the initial place.
I recognize your reasoning – but you understand it appropriately: in order to be able to apply for US healthcare schools, at least some undergraduate coursework in the US is necessary. On my 1st MICU rotation in 1997, I was so swept away by crucial care that I voluntarily stayed on by way of the Christmas holiday and signed up for yet another elective MICU rotation at the finish of my 4th year.
Cette dernière forme représente environ 60% de ces nouvelles infections. In their study assessing the population burden of unrecognized diabetes, Selvin and colleagues utilized a definition that aligns more closely with clinical practice recommendations than that regularly utilised in epidemiologic studies.…
“Let food be thy medicine” ~Hippocrates. Research Units establishing standard, clinical, and translational research are connected to the university, the teaching hospitals, the National Institute for Well being and Medical Investigation (INSERM), and the National Center for Scientific Study (CNRS).
I agree with many of the 71 which includes performing a cholecystectomy during the initial admission for a patient with symptomatic gallstones rather of waiting for yet another admission (saving a lot more than €54 million) and not repairing minimally symptomatic inguinal hernias, which they estimate would save more than €32 million.
Although call was each and every 4th evening, there had been no other hours rules” Cook County had 16 healthcare services, with four taking call every single 4th evening and taking each and every 4th admission, and the two interns on every single service therefore taking every single 8th, but this could easily be 10 or a lot more patients per intern per evening.
… a raft of evidence has definitively found that when ladies gained greater access to the pill in the late 1960s and early ’70s, they were able to delay marriage and childbirth and invest in careers by means of education, job training and staying in paid work….Legal access to the pill transformed the economy in that era.
“A recently discredited procedure was the Reside Blood Cell Evaluation by which a self-proclaimed naturopath claimed he could diagnose illnesses by examining a pinprick of a patient’s blood beneath a microscope and devise remedies to remedy whatever disease was located.…
“Let food be thy medicine” ~Hippocrates. I started my profession with WoodmenLife in 2016 as a Sales Representative. Some individuals call her the Rosa Parks of Wellness Care. I was a young white person who did not drink, was never ever seriously ill, or in a bed in a hospital, and I undoubtedly had never endured poverty as this man clearly had.
Now that they are managing real patients, I teach them how to enter billing codes into the electronic health record, and how to get a glucometer covered by insurance coverage. Formal assessment, which determines your ability to proceed with the course, contains written and practical examinations, coursework submission and clinical assessments.
Hospitalists frequently state that they just never have time to get in touch with the PCP but when they do, the PCP is not available. The first 3 years (pre-clinical studies) are taught by way of lectures, sensible classes (like dissections) and supervisions, with typically 20-25 timetabled teaching hours each and every week.
From the quite first weeks of our course, your time is spent each and every week in clinical practice, guaranteeing that you are capable to apply your studying to patients in the identical week. Attend an upcoming event add your health-related school campus event to our calendar.
Our medicine courses give the education and training necessary to be 1 of tomorrow’s medical doctors, reflecting the newest advances in medical sciences and practice. Nevermind that leading investigators publish the exact same critiques more than and more than in distinct journals with the exact same figures and often the exact same text.…