- Equinox — a subsidiary of The Related Companies, which also owns SoulCycle, Pure Yoga, and Blink Fitness — currently operates more than 100 luxury clubs in the US, Canada, and the UK.
- Despite the pandemic’s blow to the fitness industry, Equinox has added new revenue streams like its Variis by Equinox mobile app and an e-commerce site of exercise and wellness products called The Shop.
- Business Insider analyzed the US Office of Foreign Labor Certification’s 2020 disclosure data for permanent and temporary foreign workers at Equinox to see the salaries for various roles within the company.
- Here’s how much Equinox pays employees working as engineers, data scientists, analysts, and more.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Equinox is evolving from a luxury gym chain to a full-fledged lifestyle company.
The fitness brand — a subsidiary of The Related Companies, which also owns SoulCycle, Pure Yoga, and Blink Fitness — currently operates more than 100 clubs in the US, Canada, and the UK. Equinox’s high-end gyms are widely known as the upper echelon of fitness, with monthly memberships ranging from $185 to $220 a month, including its top membership that goes for $500 per month with a $750 initiation fee.
Beyond its traditional gyms, Equinox also operates six deluxe sports clubs, which include full-service restaurants, lounge areas, expanded group fitness studios, swimming pools, and dedicated sports facilities comprised of tennis and basketball courts. In 2019, Equinox also ventured into hospitality, opening its first hotel in Manhattan.
Read more: 11 virtual fitness companies vying to compete with Peloton’s winning membership model and cash in on the at-home exercise boom
While both gyms and hotels alike have taken a hit during the pandemic, Equinox has continued to find new revenue streams and strategies to keep members engaged.
In March, the company rolled out the Variis by Equinox mobile app, which allows users to stream virtual classes from their favorite trainers, and grants extended access to classes from Equinox’s sister companies, like SoulCycle and Pure Yoga. Users can currently test out a seven-day free trial of the app before signing up for memberships that start at $39.99 a month.
In addition, Equinox has doubled down on e-commerce by launching a new site called The Shop in October, which features a curated selection of apparel and wellness products.
As the brand looks ahead to a post-pandemic world, it plans to continue to build its luxury fitness and lifestyle empire. Equinox currently has more than 18,000 employees and is hiring for more than 100 more, with openings in categories like data engineering, software development, and design.
The Office of Foreign Labor Certification discloses annual salary data after US companies report the base compensation offered to employees when filing paperwork for visas on behalf of current or prospective foreign workers. For the US, Business Insider’s research shows that Equinox recently applied for 27 H-1B visas. All but one position was listed at the company’s New York City headquarters.
In most cases, Equinox’s salaries fell into the