Many people suffer from panic attacks owing to factors like depression and inner turmoil. They last for about half an hour typically, though it can vary from person to person. Though panic attacks in themselves are not physically dangerous, it may lead to complications like loss of control over the body, repeated panic disorders and even trigger suicidal tendencies.
A panic attack is Nature's way of telling you to slow it down. Hectic work schedules and traumatic regular habits of smoking and drinking can make you hollow from the inside. Drugs are never an option. They must be treated naturally for a permanent effect.
Causes of Panic Attacks:
There can be many reasons behind panic attacks, like:
- Phobias: Most attacks are prompted as a direct result of contact with a phobic situation or object.
- Triggering Causes : Personal loss of a loved one, abrupt life changes, etc can cause emotional distress aimed triggering panic attacks.
- Environmental factors : Cumulative stress over time, overcautious view of things, the habit of procrastinating, etc are also major causes.
Ayurveda and Its Significance:
Ayurveda is the most ancient system of universal healing through home remedies and natural herbs. It operates on the fundamental Vedic principle of the five elements of the universe.
It is based on the simple analogy of a proper diet, healthy lifestyle and exercise.
Ayurvedic herbs are the best medicine for anxiety as they help maintain balance among the three doshas of the body-Vata, Pitta and Kapha, the elements of body, mind, and spirit. They are natural remedies for depression and anxiety and helps cure ailments from its roots.
Natural Depression and Panic Attack Treatments:
With proper therapy and natural medication, overcoming depression is easy. Some of these treatments include:
- Enough Sleep and Water: Not getting proper sleep can make you cranky and irritated. Set a proper routine and make some changes in your lifestyle like no use of electronic devices and no overworking for a sound sleep. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Eat Healthy: Folic acid and omega-3 fatty acids help ease depression. Add salmon, tuna, spinach, and avocado to your diet to get these nutritional values. Drink vegetable juice and have your food warm and cooked. Vatas don't flourish on cold food.
- Proper Exercise: Simply walk and breathe in the open natural air a few times a week. It releases feel-good chemicals termed endorphins. It provides long-term benefits to cure anxiety and depression.
Natural Herbs for Curing Panic Attacks:
Herbal remedies are the best anxiety treatment in Ayurveda. Some of them include:
- Kava: It helps relax the brain and body, allowing allowing the person to calm down. Its roots are known for their anesthetic and sedative qualities. It can be consumed as a herbal tea.
- Chamomile: A cup of Chamomile tea is the best medicine for anxiety if you're having a jittery moment. It soothes the mind and helps the panic disappear. However , it should not be taken by lactating or pregnant women as it can