Dehydration is a situation where the body fails to do basic normal function due to the loss of body fluids. This situation encounters people mostly during the scorching summertime. During summertime, people fail to drink enough water. In this time of climate change, and a lot of people get affected by dehydration during the summer season.
It is very necessary to keep our bodies always hydrated because only then cells, organs, skin, etc. functions properly. A doctor normally says that a person must drink at least 8 liters of water a day.
Main causes of dehydration
Water is very important for a human body; it lubricates each part and cell of the body. The causes of dehydration are many. Some of the causes are:
- Today as heat arises we all sweat a lot due to heat and daily activities we daily do. This sweat is the water evaporating from our bodies.
- Sometimes during our busy lives, we forget to take care of ourselves. Today, a lot of people suffer dehydration due to fewer intakes of water.
- When you are vomiting the water out, or the body fluids in our body escapes out, in such a situation we may suffer the same.
- Consumption of alcohol will also decrease the amount of fluid in our body. And when we lose a lot amount of water, they suffer a headache.
- People with diabetes tend to get dehydrated more because then there is more amount of glucose in the body. In such a situation kidney tries to get rid of glucose by urinating. So, along with glucose a lot of water also comes out of the body.
- Illness such as diarrhea, gastroenteritis leads dehydration due to the loss of fluids in the body.
Few symptoms of dehydration
Dehydration mainly depends on the body weight of each person. There is mild and severe dehydration. Having dehydration is not very good for Kidney, which later on leads to severe problems.
- One of the major symptoms is being thirsty. You feel like having water a lot and also feel that your body is exhausted
- Dark-colored urination is another symptom. When your body is dehydrated, the urination color seems to be much darker than usual color.
- Head-ache: your head starts aching a little. Also, feel like blackout sometimes.
- Dry mouth: the mouth feels empty and dried up due to low intake of water. Lips will also get dried as the mouth.
- As you take in less amount of water so does the stamina to do daily activity decreases. It mainly happens due to heat tiredness.
- Infrequently passing urine 3-4 times in a day, in less amount. Also feels an urge for urination but never happens.
- Sunken eyes: when intake off water decreases first eyes gets sunken later on slowly, skin dries and gets darker.
- Weak muscles and lethargic: due to lack of water a person gets leaner, and so muscles get weak. Water is essential to sustain muscles. Also while doing any work the person may get